The Rotary chartered bus for RYLA will pick-up students
Friday, February 3, 2017
- 12 noon Brownsville Convention and Visitors' Bureau, 650 Ruben M Torres Sr Blvd
- 1:00 pm Texas Travel Information Center at Harlingen. 2021 West Harrison Avenue
- 2:00 pm Main Event Entertainment Center Parking Lot, Pharr next to Burger King Restaurant
Transporting RYLA students to Camp Zephyr, Mathis, Texas before 5:00 PM
On Sunday, February 5, 2017
3:00 PM return RYLA students from Camp Zephyr, Mathis, Texas to:
- 5:00 pm Main Event Entertainment Parking Lot, Pharr next to Burger King Restaurant
- 6:00 pm Texas Travel Information Center at Harlingen. 2021 West Harrison Avenue
- 7:00 pm Brownsville Convention and Visitors' Bureau, 650 Ruben M Torres Sr Blvd
“January is Vocational Service Month”
- High ethical standards in business and professions
- The recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations and
- The dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
How do you know that your Job is…well something more than a Job?
- Make sure the names of all current (RY 2016-17) and all future officers (RY 2017-18) are entered in ClubRunner as soon as possible and no later than 1 February. Minimum - President, President Elect, Treasurer, and Secretary. Add your “Trilogy Squad”: Membership, Foundation and Public Image chairs/directors. Add all other executives and directors. Directions on “how to”
- Confirm that e-mail addresses for all members are current
- Update RY 2016-17 goals in Rotary Club Central (Membership, Foundation Giving, Service) Access to and Entering Goals in Rotary Club Central
- Second half of Rotary International Dues payment due to RI upon receipt.
- Review and update your club’s progress towards earning the RI Presidential Citation in Rotary Club Central. Checklist for Presidential Citation Award
- Review your club’s progress towards earning the Governor’s Exemplary Club Award. Progress & Application Chart for District 5930 Exemplary Club Award
- Ensure The Rotary Foundation (TRF) contributions collected to date are submitted to TRF.
- E-mail your club’s IRS confirmation notice that your Federal tax return was submitted – Nancy Ross Ross5357@aol.com (if you have not already done so)
- President Elect (and Nominee) register for Lone Star President-Elects Training Seminar at http://lonestarpets.org
2nd RI/Zone 21b/27 Cadre Membership Training to be offered for areas 6, 7, & 12 – Laredo and beyond.
You do not want to miss this new and innovative consulting experience!
Cost is Free but we need a food and Materials count.
Season’s Greetings to All!
I am Mike Dickerson, Lieutenant Governor for Youth Services for District 5930. For those of you who know me, you won't be surprised that I have come up with a wild and fun idea to raise funds for a cause, we as Rotarians, hold dear to our hearts. And this time, I have managed to convince some of my fellow Laredo Rotary Club members to consider joining me! We hope you will too.
Fellow Rotarians, I am EXCITED to announce that we will be rolling out a Motorcycle Ride around District 5930 to raise funds and awareness to support Rotary International’s END POLIO NOW campaign. We will start on SATURDAY, MARCH 25th in LAREDO, TEXAS.
D5930's Million Dollar Dinner
- Strategic Plan for the District – Menu item > District Info > District 5930 Strategic Plan
- Governing Documents for the District - Menu item > District Info > Governance Guidelines
- Four-Way Test Speech Competition - Menu item > Youth Services > Four Way Test Speech Contest
- Older Stories from the Home Page and Club News - Menu Item > District Info > Archived Stories of D5930
Rotarian Art Bautista (District 5890 - Houston Metro Area)
What a deal he has for you. You will be able to help End Polio Now and get your pair of shoes