Women in Rotary,1986 – 2017 - a 30 year Journey
What we need from Clubs:
- Door prize – value - $50, suggestions - gift basket, gift cards
- Project Display board of your signature project for fundraising or community involvement to share
- A list of names with details and a picture of members who passed this year for our Celebration of Life. Send to JD Simpson at email@example.com by April 21, 2017.
What we need from Rotarians:
- Donation of an item for our Mystery Box. This is a large box filled with all manner of things –pretty things, kitchen things, small appliances, gift cards, games, garden things, TV things, all manner of things. We guarantee that the box contains at least $2000 worth of merchandise. Raffle tickets will be on sale for $10. Only 1000 tickets will be sold. Send it to District 5930, PO Box 51, Rockport, TX 78381. Call Nancy Paulson, 361-463-8791 or Terri Whitman, 361-205-7122 for more information. Winning ticket will be drawn on May 6, 2017 at the Governor's Banquet Dinner.
- Honor the Women in Rotary – attend a luncheon in Harlingen.
- Your attendance at a Party – Friday night – Cinco de Mayo.
- Come to the All Club Lunch on Saturday, May 6.
- Be an audience member at several performances on Saturday. Especially – Amanda Wirtz
- Walk on Sunday for Polio.
- All this will give you a better view of our District and provide some fun for you and your family in Rockport and Fulton.
Available to either Clubs or Rotarians:
- We are offering a new service of having Rotary merchandise on sale at the conference. i.e. totes, banners, lapel pins, shirts, etc. If you or you club would like a table, we have 5 available at $50 each. We must have your email requesting a table by April 10. First committed, first paid. All merchandise must have the new Rotary logo.
- Ads in our Conference book or on the big screen are for sale for $50. Consider promoting your club fundraising activity. Rotarians can advertise their business. (Specifications - Size 4.75" w x 3.75" h, pdf or jpg, 300 resolution. send to Nancy@RockportWebSites.com. Deadline is April 25 for the big screen.
- High quality health care for vulnerable mothers and children
- Birth kits
- Mobile health clinics
- How to prevent mother to infant HIV transmission
- How to breast-feed and
- How to protect themselves and their children from disease
- 819 miles in two days through Rotary District 5930 (and Beeville) with 7 MOTO Rotarians and Friends of Rotary, plus the “Chase SUV” with Rotarian Cat Dickerson and Future Rotarian Charlotte.
- Fun, Fellowship, Food, Polio and Rotary Awareness, Donations and Pledges
- PolioPlus Goal:$5,000 – doubled at $10,000 and counting!
End Polio Night with the Vipers