See below for important dates relating to Rotary Foundation training and recognition:
February 20, 2016 (DATE CHANGE): ROTARY FOUNDATION 2015-2016 DINNER- - Double Tree Hotel McAllen, Texas. Buy Tickets.
For room reservations click here.
February 25-28, 2016: LONE STAR PETS 2016 - Grant Management Certification Training
- Saturday April 2, 2016: Texas A&M Kingsville, Student Union
- 8am - 12:00pm: ROTARY FOUNDATION Grant Certification Training
- 12:30pm-2:00pm: Rotary Foundation Awards Luncheon
April 22, 2016: La Posada Hotel, Laredo, District Assembly, Grants Management Training
April 22-24, 2016: District Conference, La Posada Hotel, Laredo
The Rotary Club of Corpus Christi organizes and hosts the RYLA program for the District 5930 Rotary Clubs. RYLA Camp has multiple levels of leadership training. First year attendees are “Campers”. This level is open to high school sophomores and juniors. The Rotary Clubs from throughout the South Texas area award full scholarships to selected students sponsored from their area high schools. See your school counselor or contact your local Rotary Club for sponsorship possibilities. These clubs pay the $250 tuition for each camper they sponsor as part of their commitment to the development of youth in their communities.
Campers who demonstrate aptitude for leadership within the RYLA program can be considered to return the next year’s RYLA as “Trailblazers.” During the Trailblazer year, participants continue their leadership and personal development as well as having leadership and facilitation roles during RYLA Camp. This is a new level of leadership development for RYLA started in 2015. Trailblazers will attend an expanded RYLA Camp, February 4-7, 2016, with a full day and ½ of training. Trailblazers are generally junior and seniors in high school. Currently each Trailblazer is responsible for their tuition of $200 which covers lodging, food, and supplies for the 4-day leadership camp.
Junior and Senior Counselors for RYLA are selected from previous year counselors and those Trailblazers who demonstrate interest and aptitude to be a leader and mentor for campers. A team of one Senior Counselor and one Junior Counselor co-lead each group of 12-15 campers as they progress through their leadership training activities and projects. Counselor tuition for the 4-day RYLA Camp is covered by the RYLA program making this extended leadership training free to the counselors.
Rotary Club members can personally sponsor their children, grandchildren or worthy students to RYLA. The student must meet all requirements being a high school sophomore or junior and showing leadership skills to be further developed; pay $250 per student with complete applications and payment to be received by 12/19/15, or applicable late fees will apply. All forms/applications are on website at www.rotarycc.com or contact Jim Villaume at 361-688-11987.
- Construct Playgrounds
- Feed the Hungry
- Honor our Veterans
- Build Dog Parks
- Clothe Mothers and Children
- Fight to End Polio
- Beautify our Parks
- Teach Children How to Read
- Provide Access to Homes
- Promote Adoption Awareness
- Give Humanitarian Relief
- Educate the Next Generation through Leadership Programs
Ready for 2015-2016 ??
Hopefully these tasks and activities have been completed to start the next Rotary year.
- Presidents, Officers and Directors appointed, elected and installed.
- Presidents, Officers and Directors entered into the district website, so they can receive the notices and information from the district and RI. This is a function available to the current officers (may also be the 2013-2014 officers if you didn't do this before June 30, 2014) by logging into the district website at www.rotary5930.org. If your club has ClubRunner, then entering the information there will allow the names to migrate to the district. If you enter the information at RI through My Rotary, it will NOT migrate down.
- Your Club Does not use ClubRunner - Here is the link to the help page that describes the process for adding Officer and director positions in ClubRunner, the software we use for the District site. http://clubrunner.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/113/318/specify-my-executives-and-directors
- Your Club does use ClubRunner - Here is the link to the help page that describes the process for adding Officer and director positions in ClubRunner. http://clubrunner.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/List/Index/173/edit-current-executives--directors